N3K-C3636C-R is the Nexus 3636C-R switch, with 36p QSFP28 MACSEC. The Cisco Nexus 3636C-R switch is a high-speed, high-density 10-, 25-, 40-, or 100-Gigabit Ethernet (GE) switch designed for the data center spine. The large buffers and routing table sizes of the 3636C-R also make this switch an alternative for a wide range of applications, such as IP storage, demilitarized zone (DMZ), big data, and edge routing. The switch comes in a compact 1-Rack-Unit (1RU) form factor and provides extensive Layer 2 and Layer 3 functions. It is part of the R-Series family and runs industry-leading Cisco® NX-OS Software.
Shows the quick spec.
|Physical||·1RU fixed-form-factor switch|
·36 QSFP28 ports; each supports native 100-GE and 40-GE mode
·2 redundant power supplies
·3 redundant fans
·Lane select LED button
·Management, console, and USB flash-memory ports
|Performance||·7.2-Tbps switching capacity|
·Forwarding rate of up to 3.34 bpps
·Line-rate traffic throughput (both Layer 2 and 3) on all ports for packet size larger than 115 bytes
·Configurable Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) of up to 9216 bytes (jumbo frames)
(H x W x D)
|1.65 x 17.3 x 31.22 in. (4.2 x 44 x 79.3 cm) 1.72 x 17.3 x 26.85 in. (4.4 x 43.9 x 68.2 cm)|
|Weight||35.627.1 lb (12.316.1 kg)|
The Cisco Nexus 3636C-R provides the following main benefits:
1. Wire-rate Layer 2 and 3 switching on all ports with up to 7.2 Terabits per second (Tbps) and up to 3.34 billion packets per second (bpps)
3. High performance and scalability with an 8-core CPU, 32 GB of DRAM, and 16 GB of dynamic buffer allocation, making the switch excellent for massively scalable data centers and big-data applications
4. MACSec capability
5. Higher TCAM capability
(1) Fiber cabling solutions are available for 10-, 25-, 40-, 50-, and 100-Gbps connectivity, including Active Optical Cable (AOC) and Direct-Attached Cable (DAC).
(2) Configurable QSFP28 Uplinks to work as 4 x 25-Gbps or 4 x 10-Gbps port.
7. High availability:
(1) Virtual Port Channel (VPC) technology provides Layer 2 multipathing by eliminating the Spanning Tree Protocol. It also enables fully used bisectional bandwidth and simplified Layer 2 logical topologies without the need to change the existing management and deployment models.
(2) Advanced maintenance capabilities include hot and cold patching and Graceful Insertion and Removal (GIR) mode.
(3) The switch uses hot-swappable Power-Supply Units (PSUs) and fans.
8. NX-OS operating system with comprehensive, proven innovations:
(1) Power-On Auto Provisioning (POAP) enables touchless bootup and configuration of the switch, drastically reducing provisioning time.
(2) Cisco Embedded Event Manager (EEM) and Python scripting enable automation and remote operations in the data center.
(3) EtherAnalyzer is a built-in packet analyzer for monitoring and troubleshooting control-plane traffic that is based on the popular Wireshark open-source network protocol analyzer.
(4) Complete Layer 3 unicast and multicast routing protocol suites are supported, including Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2), Protocol Independent Multicast Sparse Mode (PIM-SM), Source-Specific Multicast (SSM), and Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP).
|Physical||· 1RU fixed-form-factor switch|
· 36 QSFP28 ports; each supports native 100-GE and 40-GE mode
· 2 redundant power supplies
· 3 redundant fans
· Lane select LED button
· Management, console, and USB flash-memory ports
|Performance||· 7.2-Tbps switching capacity|
· Forwarding rate of up to 3.34 bpps
· Line-rate traffic throughput (both Layer 2 and 3) on all ports for packet size larger than 115 bytes
· Configurable Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) of up to 9216 bytes (jumbo frames)
|Hardware tables and scalability||Number of MAC addresses||750,000|
|Number of Virtual LANs (VLANs)||4096|
|Number of spanning-tree instances||· Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP): 512|
· Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP): 64
|Number of Access Control List (ACL) entries||· 7000 ingress|
|Routing table||· Maximum number of Longest-Prefix-Match (LPM) routes: 128,000|
· Maximum number of IP host entries:750,000
· Maximum number of MAC address entries: 192,000
· Maximum number of Layer 3 multicast entries: 64,000
|Number of EtherChannels||256 (with VPC)|
|Number of ports per EtherChannel||32|
|Buffer size||16 GB|
|System memory||32 GB|
|Boot-flash memory||128 GB|
|Frequency||50 to 60 Hz|
|Power||Power-supply types||AC (forward and reverse airflow) DC (port-side exhaust)|
|Typical operating power||921 Watt (W)|
|AC Power-Supply Units (PSUs)|
· Input voltage
· Power-supply efficiency
| · 100 to 240 VAC|
· 50 to 60 Hz
· 89–91% at 220V
|Maximum heat dissipation||2,631 MBtuTU|
|· Forward and reverse airflow schemes|
◦ Forward airflow: Port-side exhaust (air enters through fan tray and power supplies and exits through ports)
◦ Reverse airflow: Port-side intake (air enters through ports and exits through fan tray and power supplies)
· Redundant fans
Hot-swappable (must swap within 31 minutes)
|Measured sound power (maximum)|
· Fan speed (PE): 50% duty cycle
· Fan speed (PE): 90% duty cycle
· Fan speed (PI) 50% duty cycle
· Fan speed (PI) 90% duty cycle
· Fan speed: 100% duty cycle
|· 74.6 dBA|
· 87.5 dBA
· 76.2 dBA
· 90.0 dBA
|Cooling||· Dimensions (height x width x depth)|
1.65 x 17.3 x 31.22 in. (4.2 x 44 x 79.3 cm) 1.72 x 17.3 x 26.85 in. (4.4 x 43.9 x 68.2 cm)
|Sound||· Weight||· 35.627.1 lb (12.316.1 kg)|
|Environment||Temperature: Operating||32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
|Temperature: Storage||–40 to 158°F (–40 to 70°C)|
|Relative humidity: Operating||· 10– to 85% noncondensing|
· Up to 5 days at maximum (85%) humidity
Recommend American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and
|Relative humidity: Storage||5 –to 95% noncondensing|
|Altitude||· 0– to 10,000 ft (0 to 3000m)|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)||194,870 hours|
Packing InformationCisco Nexus 3000 Series switch N3K-C3636C-R is sealed in cisco original box. We will also pack N3K-C3636C-R with the second box before shipping.
Our products will be sent via FedEx,DHL,TNT,UPS,EMS,and so on.but the buyer is responsible for
customs clearance and pay tariff when the product arrived destination country.
There are no reviews yet.